You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The program ignores the color profile settings. 1.8.0.514

The default setting.

02.jpg.e26d9cc90f26e1a981281465b698e387.jpg

The color profile when creating the document does not match the one specified in the program settings.

01.jpg.25f681046eb9e3f8ba708c52e2dead09.jpg

The problem is relevant for AP, AD APub (not tested). The problem is not systematic. Sometimes a profile is selected correctly, sometimes not. Could not reveal patterns.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

29 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max N,

I believe this is By Design. The option in Preferences is the 'Working Profile' and allows you to specify which setting you wish to use when loading an unprofiled image/document. The New Document screen will always be the last used profile. 

This is the printer profile for printing. It is never used as a working paper profile. The program randomly selects a work profile. I work only in sRGB.

Windows 11 64-bit,

31 minutes ago, Sean P said:

If you start a new document with sRGB and close the software down, it should repopulate with sRGB on next run up. 

Yes. That’s how it works. But at some point, a profile appears again with which I do not work. I have been facing this problem for more than six months (maybe more). The problem is not systematic, but is repeated often enough.

Windows 11 64-bit,

19 hours ago, Max N said:
Yes. That’s how it works. But at some point, a profile appears again with which I do not work. I have been facing this problem for more than six months (maybe more). The problem is not systematic, but is repeated often enough.

As we remember the colour profile that was previously used, if you add or remove colour profiles this may mess that up. We'll have to investigate.

47 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

As we remember the colour profile that was previously used, if you add or remove colour profiles this may mess that up. We'll have to investigate. 

I work in one color space (sRGB).
The icm profiles in the system are added for the printer under various papers.
When creating a new document, it is necessary to check whether it has changed to any other.

Windows 11 64-bit,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.