ckujawa

Setting bleed per (master) page in Publisher?

Hi! I'm trying to do a layout for a "pdf to photo book" on Blurb and I'm at a loss for how to proceed with setting the bleed in Publisher. They give the following specs:

Page Specifications Points
Final, exported PDF should measure (w x h) 693 x 594
Page size / trim line (w x h) 684 x 576
Bleed (top, bottom, and outside edges) 9
Inset for Margins / Safe boundary (Top, Bottom, Outside Edge) 18
Inset for Margins / Safe boundary (Binding Edge) 36
Cover Specifications Points
Final, exported PDF should measure (w x h) 1483 x 648
Total Page size / trim line (w x h) 1439 x 604
Bleed (all edges) 22
Flaps (w x h, measured from trim edge to fold) none
Gutter / Spine (w x h) 33 x 648
Inset for Margins / Safe boundary (from edge of trim) 18

I'm doing both the cover and the pages in the same file...easy enough to do that but where I'm stuck is the bleeds are different for both the cover and the left side/right side pages. Is there a way to set bleed on each master page so that it is applied correctly for each page? The way I have it set up currently, the left edge has a bleed of 18 and the top, bottom, and right have a bleed of 9 on ALL pages. I know I could to facing pages...but Blurb can't seem to handle that. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Chris

p.s. the file contains sensitive information that I don't want out in the wild so I'm not attaching it. If needed, I can scrub it and attach a generic example.

5 hours ago, ckujawa said:

I know I could to facing pages...but Blurb can't seem to handle that. Any suggestions?

Printer should not care if PDF pages are built as facing or not. Have you really uploaded your facing PDF as pages, not spreads?

@ckujawa You don't have an option to setup different bleeds for a document. Different margins can be done by setting up another master page and applying that only to the pages that need the different margins. You could create a separate PDF, just for the covers, then you can setup the bleed you need.