You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing Publisher Master Pages

I don't use Master Pages all that much as a lot of my work is leaflet work rather than multi-page books so this may seem like a very basic question.

I am in the middle of a brochure which at present is over 90 pages. I have created two master pages with different column formats but besides the guides for this, the only thing actually on the pages is a page number and a line of text next to it - all in black text in a light font weight. When working on the book, I have used black and other solid colour backgrounds so have changed some of the page numbers/text to white. After deliberation, the light font is too light so I have changed the original master pages to a Regular weight font to help with legibility. 

It appears that the pages I have changed to white have not updated to Regular font. Is there a way make the font update to Regular automatically without having to go through every single page I have changed?

Actually, I have just checked empty bar-the-master-page info pages and none of the number/text have updated to Regular font so I must be doing something wrong.

He never fails to achieve new heights in being stupid...

If you use a Text Style you only have to change the Text Style once to automatically affect all text formatted with that Text Style.
Alternatively, you can use Find/Replace to change formatting but I don’t know how reliably that works as I’ve never tried on anything non-trivial. It might be worth a try though as it might save you a lot of time. If you create a Text Style you should be able to Find the formatting you want and Replace it with your new Text Style.
However, if Find/Replace doesn’t work well enough then you might have to manually change all of the relevant text.
If you are going to change the formatting of the text manually anyway then you can create a Text Style and apply that as the change, then you only need to change the Text Style in the future.

Aside from that I have noticed that, sometimes, changes to a master page don’t always get applied to all of the pages the master page is used with. In these cases I have had to re-apply the master page and the change is then made. Unfortunately this isn’t something I have been able to reliably reproduce for the developers to have a look at.