You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EXIF/metadata wipe on export

First of all, love Affinity Photo, great start!

One thing I think is missing is the ability to wipe all metadata on export, usually all I need is the ICC profile, the other data is pointless. I know there's an EXIF overview, but you can't edit in that unless I'm mistaken?

Ah, that is great, I was looking in that persona but didn't see any specific mention of metadata, maybe you could make this a bit clearer so people actually know that it is being stripped :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

I use file -> export and the metadata is not retained.  

I'm importing Fuji raw files and exporting as JPEG then putting into Photo library.    

- Date and time are wrong (edit date rather than photo date and time)

Wait - just checked....   I misspoke...

The exif data is partially correct....   

The camera name, ISO, fstop and shutter speed are correct.     The lens information is gone, and the date is edit date rather than shoot date.

I think the missing lens info is an Affinity - Fuji communication problem.   When I open a raw file in AP, there is no lens profile. (it's there in Apple Photo and Adobe Elements.)  Most of my lenses are standard Fuji X lenses, so I expect this info to be there.

I'll keep researching this lens issue.  Hopefully it will be fixed in future versions  -or- I can figure out how to download or tell AP which lenses I'm using.

• 6 months later...