You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - print to PDF wrong picture bordes

Hi everyone, I'm trying to solve one problem in Publisher and I will be grateful for the direction. So - I have vector picture in Designer (A4, CMYK/8). used in Publisher document (A4, CMYK/8). It all seems OK, export to PDF (and JPG, PNG..) looks OK. But whether I try print to PDF, I have problems with borders in case of this picture (see attachment). Tried 2 PDF printers, size A4. Thanks

problem.jpg

• Staff

Hi Kája :)

Sorry to see you're having trouble! Could you please upload a copy of your .afpub to the following link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/DJIF46Nk0N1kz88DshNq

Could you also provide a screenshot of your PDF export settings, including the 'More...' options? Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thank you, afpub file posted. Sending screen of main page of print settings. A tried 3 virtual printers - Microsoft Print to PDF, older Bullzip PDF Printer and PDF-XChange Lite...the same result. Tried to change Fit Type (scale; fit to printable; Shrink to printable); Paper size (Defined by Driver; A4), Model always single.
In Rasterization list, always 300 dpi as pictures in Designer, tried Clip transparency (no change), in Bleeds and Marks list is nothing checked, In color management all default - colour handling performed by app, rendering intent perceptual, print to file unchecked.

Export to PDF works fine (though quality of graphic seems little bit worse). I'm just curious, what could make the difference.

print.jpg

• Staff

Thanks for your document :)

I can confirm I have replicated this issue here and it is present when either Printing to PDF or Printing directly. It appears to be a conversion issue between the embedded CMYK document to your 'master' sRGB document.

I will log this with our developers as a bug, in the meantime if you select your Embedded document, then click Edit Document on the context toolbar. Now, with your Embedded document in view, go to File>Document Setup and select the Colour tab. Here, change the Colour Format from CMYK to RGB/8 and make sure the sRGB profile is in use. Press OK and now try printing your document to PDF, you should find this 'prints' correctly - I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!