You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi BlueSailing :)

A colleague has just tested the Portraiture 3 Plugin and after moving both the .8bf file and the .8li file in the plugin folder, it was correctly detected by Affinity and could be activated from within the app.

Which version or Portraiture are you using please? Do you have both a .8bf & .8li file with this version?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I have version 2.  I did locate the 8bf and 8li files.  The path is C:>>>Program Files (x86)>>>Imagenomic>>>Portraiture 2 Plug-in

I directed Affinity Photo there and it did detect the files but the status was "Unknown".   I rebooted the progam and the plug-in is now in the Photoshop Plugins menu!

But - when I open an image and select the plugin, the program very quickly opens the plugin UI and then the program crashes. 

So I went back into preferences and directed Affinity to the Photoshop folder on my C: drive and then to the folder containing the 8bf and 8li files.  Rebooted, opened an image, opened the filter.  The program took a little longer and opened the UI and immediately crashed again.  Please advise!

Maybe you could help with another issue, somewhat related.  I stumbled across a photographer from London, Evelina Eve, and her images blow me away.  It's not so much the posing or lighting as it is the image processing.  Here's a couple of links so you can see:

Facebook Link

Google Link

Do you have any idea how she does this or know of any related tutorial or information?  I knew of a great photogapher about 10 years ago who did this but she worked in Corel Painter with wet brushes.  And her technique was tedious and required a knowledge of true painting on canvas.  I'm hoping to be able to do something like this with Affinity.

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response!

Unfortunately this is a little trickier to answer, as there are many different adjustments and effects that Evelina may have used in her editing process (likely including presets). If possible, I recommend contacting her directly (perhaps through Facebook/Twitter?)

In the meantime I've included a few tutorials below for you, one which outlines the process of using Colour Gradings from any image, so you can replicate the 'look' of these images. The other is a 'legacy' tutorial for the Orton Effect, which is used in some of her images, I hope this helps!

Orton Effect - https://player.vimeo.com/video/251131269/

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2019 at 4:20 PM, BlueSailing said:

Maybe you could help with another issue, somewhat related.  I stumbled across a photographer from London, Evelina Eve, and her images blow me away.  It's not so much the posing or lighting as it is the image processing.  Here's a couple of links so you can see:

Facebook Link

Google Link

Do you have any idea how she does this or know of any related tutorial or information?  I knew of a great photogapher about 10 years ago who did this but she worked in Corel Painter with wet brushes.  And her technique was tedious and required a knowledge of true painting on canvas.  I'm hoping to be able to do something like this with Affinity.

Hi there, I've seen many images like those and from what I can see a lot of them are using photoshop actions. Bellevue and others sell them, but sadly they are not for us Affinity users. 

It is possible to get close to them by colour grading and careful use of smoothing and HSL/Curves/Blur etc. 

There are other tricks built into the actions too for example Peek Throughs which is basically a large soft brush of the right colour applied to both bottom corners of the image on a new layer then blended in to give a certain hue and atmosphere.

If you get the chance have a look at some of the actions and see what they are made up of, up to now I have not found one with magic in it lol........

• 2 months later...

Has this feature request been taken into account for the next update of AP? Please make the Portraiture Plugin from Imagenomic compatible with Affinity Photo. Thanks!