You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

image.thumb.png.94dd758a66d4deed923aca4106168fff.png

I want to delete the edge borders of a table so that I just have the horizontal lines. I cannot see a way to do this. If I try to select one side or the other it selects the whole table. If I choose one of the table grid selections it does not let me then edit the individual borders. Changing the colours or the strokes does not seem to have any impact either? How do I turn off the edge borders? Thanks in anticipation.

• 1 month later...

mswift: Just to be clear, are you saying that:
1) you managed to get what you wanted without using ‘spacer columns’ once but can't repeat it, or,
2) you couldn’t get the ‘spacer columns’ to work.
It’s just that I’m not entirely sure what you meant by “it” in “I actually managed to do it”.

14 hours ago, GarryP said:

mswift: Just to be clear, are you saying that:
1) you managed to get what you wanted without using ‘spacer columns’ once but can't repeat it, or,
2) you couldn’t get the ‘spacer columns’ to work.
It’s just that I’m not entirely sure what you meant by “it” in “I actually managed to do it”.

Managed to get what you wanted without using ‘spacer columns’ once but can't repeat it!

First one worked but cant repeat it on last row.

Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 1.13.09 pm.png

Unfortunately I can’t replicate what you did in a nice way.
I thought I might have had a solution using the ordering of strokes but that didn’t work.
I can do it with two tables (see attached image, where the top one Erases parts of the one underneath) but I don’t consider that a good solution.
More experimentation needed.
Maybe someone else can come up with something they can explain.

Annotation 2020-01-18 085159.png

Edited by GarryP
Added extra info'.