Hi,

while working with InDesign (because of footnotes), I got an idea to suggest you adding a Text Import pannel with options like in the attached PNG file.

As you can see here are some items not yet implemented in Publisher, but they are for users to make comments on them or even suggest some new one.

In ID’s import pannel, which BTW I found very confusing, there are items for importing TOC and indexes which I don’t find very usefull, because, in most cases, page numbers will not match the new layout.

1 Beside typographic quotes there should be an option to choose between different types of quotes. Or, maybe, 2 separate boxes to combine opening and closing ones.

Item numbers 5 and 9-15 are real time savers. I now work on books which are sum of stories from different authors, at least 20+ of them. And, because of some reason, I must place them as separate stories you can easily calculate how much time I need to go through all these steps.

Item numbers 13, 14 and 15 are borrowed from FrameMaker. Characters must be placed in a text boxes and available for users to add or remove them as they need.

Import Dialog Panel.png

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Good ideas! Thanks

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 & beta 1.8.0.526   Affinity Photo 1.7.3 beta  1.8.0.526 Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 beta  1.8.0.523

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png