You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edit in Photo... opens Photo with default interface

Jonopen

If Photo is not running and opened by selecting 'Edit in Photo...' under the File in Designer (v1.7.3.481) menu it opens without any preferences. If Photo (v1.7.3.481) is already running it maintains preferences. Maybe this has always been the case, if so is there a way around it?

v2.4.0 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.3.1

2 hours ago, Jonopen said:

If Photo is not running and opened by selecting 'Edit in Photo...' under the File in Designer (v1.7.3.481) menu it opens without any preferences. If Photo (v1.7.3.481) is already running it maintains preferences. Maybe this has always been the case, if so is there a way around it?

Please clarify what you mean by "without any preferences".

It should open the same way Photo would open any time it starts up, and does, for me.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Jonopen,

I've tried this myself, and it is working correctly. My docked toolbar and customised UI were then loaded. Would you be able to get a screen recording to show the behaviour you are seeing please? Have you tried closing Photo down with the layout you prefer and then using Edit in Photo?

Hi Sean, here are a couple of screen recordings:

photo-not-running.mp4 This shows what happens when Affinity Photo is not running and is opened from the menu link in Affinity Designer.

photo-already-running.mp4 This shows what happens when Affinity Photo is already running in the background and opened with my preferred layout.

Note: For some reason the menu option showing the 'Edit in Photo...' does not display in the screen recording, but it definitely looks ok when I'm viewing my screen.

Affinity Photo, Designer (and Publisher) all purchased from the Affinity Store. As far as I can remember I’ve never used a trial version of any of the apps. I have used beta versions in the past though.

• 3 months later...