You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when trying to use erase brush

Dear All, 

Afinity designer Mac - Keeps crashing when I use the erase brush. 

I am very frustrated. Please help. 

I am designing teeshirts. Not complex teeshirts . Four or five layers with either text boxes, groups of text curves, groups of simple shapes grouped together. I am wanting to achieve a worn look. So I go to pixel mode, select eraser then a brush. I  then select a layer. I can usually get away with doing one layer successfully. However when  I try and do more layers, the activity monitor on my mac goes crazy like up to 700%  and then programme does not respond. Happens so often I re-installed Afintiy designer. This did not work . Can anyone help please? 

Edited by Gavin123456
mistake

Welcome to the forums.

Hmm… Not sure what’s going on there.
I’ve just tried something similar on a reasonably complex document that has quite a few layers (including effects) – I don’t have your document and I don’t know which brush you are using for erasure – but it all seems fine for me with various brushes on Windows.
Would it be possible for you to supply a (stripped-down?) document that displays the behaviour and tell us which brush you’re using and which size of brush? The more specifics we have to work with the easier it is to tell what’s going on.

• Staff

Hi Gavin123456,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm very sorry to hear this, could you please open Affinity Designer>Preferences>Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

What size is your document please? Thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!