You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Saving styles Affinity Photo

I apologize if this was already asked, but I really could not find any topic for my question.

I have from my Adobe time 100's of 100's styles. For text etc. Many purchased, free download, but most of the selfmade.

My favorites ones are the Vintage and lettering styles ,where I created many ,many of them.

Now I would like to do it in Affinity Photo too. Create my fav styles and save them.But honestly I have no idea how.

I watched  one tutorial from here , but somehow it did not work for me. (Safe style from selection) .For some reason I save just rien.

Any help is much appreciated .Thanks in advance.

Created styles are saved into the styles panel, best here into new created and accordingly named styles categories. - In order to create a style ...

1. I personally use a rectangle shape (no fill, no stroke, just the blue its selected outline)
  2. Next use the gradient tool on top of the rectangle (from step 1) and set its fill option to bitmap, this will open now a JPG/PNG file selction panel
  3. Select a JPG/PNG image and size/place/adjust it inside the rectangle to your needs
  4. Make sure the styles panel is visable and you setup a new own category (which is empty so far)
  5. Select the now that with an image filled rect shape, perform a right click and choose "Save style from selection"
  6. A style should be added into your category in the styles panel

Then from the styles panel you can import/export specific style categories.

styles_imex.jpg.1363767c197e38046b0e27be644ab476.jpg

Good luck!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you so much :)

This week I just clean my External HD from any Adobe stuff which is now useless to me. PS actions, styles, custom shapes etc..AI stuff, Lightroom presets. Now it is time to stock up again for Affinity.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 12:24 AM, v_kyr said:

Created styles are saved into the styles panel, best here into new created and accordingly named styles categories. - In order to create a style ...

1. I personally use a rectangle shape (no fill, no stroke, just the blue its selected outline)
  2. Next use the gradient tool on top of the rectangle (from step 1) and set its fill option to bitmap, this will open now a JPG/PNG file selction panel
  3. Select a JPG/PNG image and size/place/adjust it inside the rectangle to your needs
  4. Make sure the styles panel is visable and you setup a new own category (which is empty so far)
  5. Select the now that with an image filled rect shape, perform a right click and choose "Save style from selection"
  6. A style should be added into your category in the styles panel

Where do I find the gradient tool?

10 hours ago, bagend said:

Where do I find the gradient tool?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, bagend.

In the Tools panel:

image.png.fdb5718b890279aed16c05c57151cf19.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Walt.

I must admit to some confusion. I was looking for the Gradient Tool in Affinity Designer (Mac), not Photo. I have the iOS version of Photo on my iPad Pro and managed to suss it out on my own after much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :S

Bill

5 minutes ago, bagend said:

I must admit to some confusion. I was looking for the Gradient Tool in Affinity Designer (Mac), not Photo.

Then you need to say that, when you jump into a topic that is about Photo :) (or, perhaps better, start your own topic).

The Tool has the same appearance (icon) and shortcut (G) in Designer, but there it's known as the Fill Tool. (Which is actually a more accurate name, in my opinion, as it does more than gradients.)

(But you probably figured that out.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1