You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Extreme lag when resizing object

I'm using Affinity Designer on a Microsoft Surface (Windows 10). When I try to resize objects while holding CTRL or SHIFT the program lags horribly, sometimes taking up to 2 seconds to follow where I have moved the pen or mouse. Otherwise the software works fine, and free resizing without CTRL or SHIFT does not show this lag.

What is wrong?

Welcome to the forums.
This sounds like it could be related to an issue that another forum member has been having: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/103368-poor-perfomance-on-windows/
Or it might not be related at all.
Unfortunately I don’t have a Surface so I can’t say what should be happening but I would be surprised to get what you are getting on a modern machine.
If you could give some more details of your set-up and document (maybe with a full-screen-cast) it might be easier for someone to diagnose the issue. (If you can attach the document itself that would be better as the exact same procedure can be tested on multiple machines.)

• 1 month later...

The issue is as follows:

• When using mouse, there's no issue.
  • When using the touch screen of my surface pro and holding either shift or ctrl for resizing, there's an extreme lag.
  • If I'm not holding shift or ctrl, it works fine.

I'm attaching a short clip of the issue, although I could not manage to record the position of the pen, so I'm not sure if it's clear enough. I do 3 movements: with finger, with surface pro pen and with surface pro pen while holding ctrl. For half of the time of the last, I am not touching the screen.

EDIT: Actually, you can see the last one speeds up right after I release the pen.

Edited by jdtibochab