Gunny

1.8.0.514: a new problem with cursor

I have spotted a rather annoying bug. My round brush cursor often turns to a common arrow cursor.

It took me some time to find the exact situation when it happens. Everything is fine as long I use mouse. However with Wacom tablet the cursor looks fine only while it's over the image. When I move the cursor to layers or other menus it turns to the arrow and it never changes back to the circle cursor - unless I lay down the pen and use mouse again.

I suppose it was introduced by "Improved points delivered from Windows Ink (process point history)" because I did not have the problem in previous beta.

I hope it will be fixed soon because it makes painting with pen in this beta quite unpredictable. :|

@Gunny: Sounds like the same problem mentioned by Ray S below, and noted by Jon S as fixed in the next beta:

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.531 Beta

You're welcome. And I agree, but it wandered a bit, as discussions here often do :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.526 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 and 1.8.0.531 Beta

I am having the same problem as Gunny - The moment I use the eye dropper I lose the circular brush cursor when returning to paint. The brush size control also appears to have gone haywire

Same problems as above here with my Wacom tablet. It always worked perfectly but not anymore with this beta version. In another post it is mentionned that it should (or could) be fixed in the next beta. So...let's hope...

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Well it didn't take long.. brush tip is back with newest beta .526 with my Wacom tablet.

Thanks.

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060