You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo just bought, refuse to open.

Hi,

I use AP for over a year now (as well as all the others Affinity products). But lately, AP refuse to open. I tought it was maybe just an upgrade issue but I did'nt find my app in all the products I have bought on my Affinity account. Thinking then that I might only had the free version, I just bought the newest version of AP. But it still do not want to open.

I am on Catalina latest version and my Affinity Photo is 1.7.3.

This is a very bad issue because I have work to do quite urgent.

Thank you.

Roy

Affinity do not answer.png

MAC OS Catalina.png

Hi @RoyChauffeur, welcome to the forums!

1 hour ago, RoyChauffeur said:

Thinking then that I might only had the free version

There is no free version.  Did you have it from either the Mac App Store or the Serif store and then try to find it on the other one?

Assuming you have tried rebooting the computer, etc., the only other thing I can suggest is to try holding down the control key while starting the app and use the resulting box to reset the application to see if this clears it up.  You would need to reposition your studio panels and change any preferences you had set, etc., but if that clears things up so you can launch the application again, it might be worth it.

Someone from Serif might chime in with some other suggestions at some point here.

1 minute ago, fde101 said:

the only other thing I can suggest is to try holding down the shift key while starting the app

Ctrl?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1