You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PLEASE Affinity shareholders buy Photopea?

Hello Affinity, I really need to be able to use mockups to showcase my work to clients so they can see what their brands etc are going to look like when implemented in the real world scenarios through a PSD Mock-up.  it's becoming very frustrating and off-putting ( as in the use of Affinity Products) that I cannot use a PSD Smart Object. I've seen numerous tutorials, using all sorts of weird and wacky workarounds to try to and get a smart object to work in Affinity Products ( a lot of which are very time consuming, and time is an important factor to a designer, especially with scheduled projects).

As a designer, I just want to be able to open a PSD Smart Object, place in my logo, press CTRL and Save ( JOB DONE). Here a suggestion, what about Affinity buy out Photopea and built its technology into both "Photo" and "Designer" as a smart object persona tool? I'm sure I speak for a lot of designers that have made the switch from Adobe to Affinity

https://www.photopea.com/

1 hour ago, Affinmac said:

...what about Affinity buy out Photopea and built its technology into both "Photo" and "Designer" as a smart object persona tool?

What if anything makes you think Photopea's technology would be compatible with the Affinity code base?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I've never made an electronic mockup. I've done physical ones, though. Something the client can touch and pass around their meetings. 

Not saying a smart object type of technology isn't a good request. It is. But Serif can roll their own if they so choose.

Well the way I look at it, MikeW your right, to a point, I've done that myself in the past, printed off actual mock-up posters etc that the client can get their hands around but more often than that, I've been to meetings where a lot of my clients have requested digital presentions beforehand, rather than physical presentation.

Edited by MattP
Unnecessary bad language

16 hours ago, mac_heibu said:

I like it, when person A proposes person B, how he should spend his money in order to satisfy person A.

Sounds like being married to me!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

On 12/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, MattP said:

Hi Affinmac. I think you'll have a nice surprise coming very soon - and we didn't need to acquire anybody else to do it either ;)

This is great. And I hope we see soon editable text export.

But meanwhile, thanks a lot. ^_^

Best regards!