You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush preview while painting with Apple Pencil

Please bear with me as I am new to the forum. I have spent a great deal of time looking through the ipad forum for Photo. I found posts that are approximately 2 yrs old. This has not been helpful.

I want to be able to select the parameters for a paint brush, opacity, feather, etc and using my Apple Pencil, see exactly WHERE I am painting or modifying the photo (like painting in or out.) I don’t know how you can do accurate work without such feedback from the brush. The forums have been clambering for this ability. This request has either died with Affinity Photo people or I just have not found the necessary setting, in which case I apologize and request some assistance.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, this feature request has not been addressed yet. It's definitely possible, as I believe Procreate has had this forever, but I haven't used that app in years, so maybe I'm misremembering. Anyway, i hope the devs still have it on their to-do list as I think it's an important feature.

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for this post. I just wanted to a Ipad Air to work with Affinity Photo, but without this feature it is not useful  for me. So I will wait spending much money for an IPad.

Nikon D7500 - Win 10 - Mac - Affinity Photo/Publisher (Betas if available)