You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta Publisher locks after export of pages with eps files

I have a document with two A4 pages each having an eps file. When I export the current page to pdf for print Publisher controls lock up, but the scroll bars still move the image yet the bar themselves do not move. You can select a menu item but nothing happens e.g. no menu drop down..

After closing the file you cannot right click and chose open with. You have to open apub beta the select the file to open. 

I you send me a dropbox link I will upload the file

Windows 10 on PC and Laptop both have same behaviour 

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Hope this loads recording screens is something I am not to familiar with. You will see from the file after I have exported to a pdf the scroll bars do not move but the pages do. Clicking on the panels as no effect. Clicking on the menu bar item highlights but no drop down

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

After closing down the program is still running under task manager so I would not be able to right click and open as Publisher is still running, albeit nothing visible. The computer is an Gigabyte Sabre with i7 - 8750H with 16gb ram and Nvidia GTX 1050 GPU., but it happens on my PC also

image.png.cffc43ec858811ee5f1e77c6a54e850d.png

Alan Pickup

No it does not lock up when the files are missing, it did not lock up when I used a jpeg version of the designs rather than the eps, which I did to get the design finished. 

In both cases the files where linked, but the one with the pegs exported and did not lock It would appear to be the eps design in page one, which is quite complex that causes the problem. 

I have uploaded the eps file to the previous link above

Alan Pickup

• 4 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.