You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac desktop apps. Running both up to date designer and photo. I read in the Affinity help sections that all Affinity files can be opened in any Affinity app. But when I go to open a afphoto file in afdesign half the layers are missing from the afphoto file. 

Back story I designed a vector logo in afphoto and just bought afdesign over Black Friday. But the logo is not importing 100% into afdesign.
If I click and drag the missing layer from photo over to the design window, That won't work either. Any help thanks.

MTN Logo Square 2020 Final.afphoto

• Staff

Hi AFreemanFilms,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Your file is opening fine in Affinity Designer. I'm not sure to what layers you are referring to but if it's to the four letters/layers (MNNT) you need to click the small arrow on the left of the thumbnail of the first layer (in Affinity Designer) to expand it it's a group) and access the letter's layers individually since you have grouped those layers (notice the label between parenthesis after the first layer name and you will see it says group).

• Staff

Are you sure we are seeing/checking the same file? Download the file you attached to your reply above and open it in Affinity Photo with the layers panel visible. Can you attach a screenshot please? Is it any different than what shown below?

This is what i see when i open your file in Affinity Photo (same in Designer) on macOS and Windows:

layers.jpg