AITCH

Your Affinity 2020 wishlist

On 6/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

A DAM would make me so happy.  I'm using Irfanview plus directory management and it is a terrible workflow.

Please check out XNView. It is just wonderful.

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

I'm a 360 photographer since May 2015.  Some tools that would be very helpful to me:

1. "View... New Views": Please save the equirectangular projection for each view.  This will let me switch quickly between equirectangular view and normal view.  And I want both views to be updated in realtime.

2. Please add a tool like Lightroom's radial gradient.  I don't want to have to create masks.  

3. Please simplify the luminosity masking.  I would like it to work like lightroom:

- I turn on the option for luminosity mask / range mask

- I use a dropper to click on the shade I want to affect

- I adjust the left and right edge of the range using a slider.

4. One issue when making changes to the edge of a 360 photo is that it can create a seam.  I wish that if I toggle a "360 photo switch," then any changes to one edge would flow to the other edge as well, as though the left edge had a door to the right edge and vice-versa.  For example if I brush across the left edge of the 360 photo, I want the brush to continue to the right edge of the photo.  This is a unique feature that isn't available on other editors. 

Also, if this 360 photo switch option is activated, filters should not stop at the edge, in order to avoid a seam in the 360 photo.  This is already implemented in the current version to some extent, although occasionally some changes create seams.

5. I wish to be able to use the hand tool to rotate the equirectangular image (with no equirectangular projection).  Here's a video that demonstrates what i mean: 

Improve the "Deselect all layers but one" functionality ... Currently you have to select all layers and deselect them to keep seeing just one layer. Photoshop solves that a lot more easy and elegant by holding the ALT-Key and selecting the layer you want to see.

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

11 hours ago, kirkt said:

@Peter Heinrichs - you can type a value in the radius input field that is greater than the slider maximum.  This is true of a lot of sliders with an input field.

Kirk

Ohhh, these hidden secret features ;-) .... The Affinity magical mystery tour ... 

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

11 hours ago, kirkt said:

you can type a value in the radius input field that is greater than the slider maximum.  This is true of a lot of sliders with an input field

It keeps the slider having a useful smaller range and therefore finer increments, without stopping other larger values being typed in.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

On 6/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, JoshMillsPhoto said:

Great Tip!  That does make it much easier and works much like the mixer brush in Photoshop for the low layer. Thank you!

So helpful, thanks!  I hadn't even thought of trying that, but it looks great.