You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Your Affinity 2020 wishlist

repeat last command:

what ever you did - move, align, scale, delete, use a macro...  >>> just repeat that command
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/115009-feature-request-repeat-last-command/

Affinity Designer | Affinity Photo | Affinity Publisher

macOS Sierra 10.13.6;
MacBookPro (13 inch, Early 2015); 3.1 GHz i7 CPU; 16 GB RAM

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ErrkaPetti said:

@Dodgyb2001 - you can already do this in Affinity Photo...

You can use expressions in the resize dialog, like: 3550px X2 (double size) or /2 (half the size) etc etc...

After you crop a document, just use the command "rasterise & crop"...

Perspective Crop Tool, just use the filter Perspective...

Filter Perspective does't really work properly as a "Perspective Crop Tool" replacement because instead of cropping the document to something close it stretches and distorts the selection to fill the existing canvas dimensions. It can get you by, but feels significantly clunkier and more time consuming than how Photoshop does it.

I simply cannot understand why it is still not possible to import colour palettes in either photo or designer on iPad.

Getting really frustrated now, what is the point in introducing new features, when an absolute basic function is completely absent.

I love Affinity products and want so much to swap over completely to Affinity, but glaring omissions like this prevent me 🙁

High-End Photographic Prints

Meanwhile... in Swatches Panel, you can "create palette from Document" (as application palette or as document palette) or "create palette from image" (from an external image you could have created in Photoshop or etc). The latter could be a slight workaround (in the meantime) for ur case. I'm assuming you are referring to indexed mode custom palettes (*.pal files) but not sure why, as not sure what application would that have in high-end photographic prints..

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks, but I’m simply referring to the hundred plus .afpalette colour swatches I have made, and now have sitting in my iCloud.

I have no access to any other devices, apart from the iPad I am using, so have absolutely no way of getting them into photo on iPad.

Having to resort to a long winded workaround requiring 2 different devices (iPad and Desktop) and 2 copies of Affinity Photo (one for each platform), just to get access to palettes is unacceptable for a professional software application.

High-End Photographic Prints

1) Photoshop layer effect - Pattern Overlay - I use this all the time in PS. Look at Krita if you need help, they have it working and it's free & open source maybe you can sneak some code idk.

2) Layer Fill & fill opacity not to be confused with flood fill or layer opacity. Layer fill only targets the image on the layer and ignores alpha we currently do not have a workaround so I stick to PS. This is a very big time saver! If I can't get layer fill to control alpha then give me an alpha toggle at least... Like how Krita & Clip Studio handle it. 

3) Adjust window text sizes (Especially when working with glyphs) I just blindly guess what I'm clicking on since the text can only be like 12x12px and some glyphs don't show well that small.

4) The ability to open large photoshop files or handle file sizes - Crashes most of the time when working in 4k so I don't bother. I can't image how it would handle 8k. I stick to PS.

5 hours ago, softsound said:

1) Photoshop layer effect - Pattern Overlay - I use this all the time in PS. Look at Krita if you need help, they have it working and it's free & open source maybe you can sneak some code idk.

2) Layer Fill & fill opacity not to be confused with flood fill or layer opacity. Layer fill only targets the image on the layer and ignores alpha we currently do not have a workaround so I stick to PS. This is a very big time saver! If I can't get layer fill to control alpha then give me an alpha toggle at least... Like how Krita & Clip Studio handle it. 

3) Adjust window text sizes (Especially when working with glyphs) I just blindly guess what I'm clicking on since the text can only be like 12x12px and some glyphs don't show well that small.

4) The ability to open large photoshop files or handle file sizes - Crashes most of the time when working in 4k so I don't bother. I can't image how it would handle 8k. I stick to PS.

I agree with you! 

My only question is on the last one. I do 8K images just fine in Affinity Photo? I've even done some more thorough edits on 10K panoramas. I also regularly do 6000x6000px edits for Amazon images (that's 36mp; 8K is about 33 mp). That includes graphic design for the infographic shots, along with high resolution photos and plenty of adjustment layers.

The only thing that I don't touch in Affinity Photo are live sharpen and the other live filter adjustment. Those things slow down the program a lot. I also try to not use too much LAB, although sometimes I just can't help it (LAB is much slower than RGB).

Aside from those, though, it seems like I can edit as high resolution and with as many adjustments & layers as I want. I'm just running it on a mid-range PC; Ryzen 5 1600 (6 core 12 thread), 16gb RAM, GTX 970. What are your specs? And is this just when opening photoshop files or something weird? 

Edited by HuniSenpai

1. Median Blur as an option in the Frequency Separation tool

2. Paint Mixer Brush -  Auto CLEAN Brush option

3. Recording Macro using Apply Image Filter - when recording a Macro using Apply Image Filter and using another layer within the same document have the macro record the location of the source layer within the open document, NOT the contents of that layer. 

Example: If I record a macro using Apply Image Filter on one layer and use another layer in the same document as the source. Then I run that macro on a different image, it actually uses the information from the source layer in the document that the Macro was recorded in. That is an undesired effect.... Not looking to create weird unexpected composites....LOL

So making the Macro record the location like "Underlying Layer" or even the layer name within the document would be helpful because then we could just rename source layer before Apply Image Filter when recording the macro so that layer would have the same name in every new file it is ran on. 

3b. A Source Dropdown menu in Apply Image Filter that includes the layers within the image - I am aware that you can drag a layer over and drop it on the dialog box. 

Edited by JoshMillsPhoto

@HuniSempi

Yeah I don't have that kind of ram, I have 8gb ram. I can't really copy between photoshop or affinity photo without it crashing due to large file sizes which I understand (so yeah a window will pop up about the file size being too large) and it struggles when I work with larger files. I just stick with photoshop because it's just more compatible and doesn't struggle. I don't really use Photo much when Photoshop just works better for me. It could be a ram issue or just a photoshop thing, either way, Photo isn't up to Photoshop standards yet. It's not a big deal to me though and I'd prefer the other things I mentioned worked on over this.

I use Designer a ton though, and if I could get away from Photoshop I might (though I still use it a ton for handing off design projects and I can't hand off Photo files to my team). Overall I'm really happy with Designer, but Photo to me still seems a fair way off before I'd recommend it over Krita, Clip Studio or Photoshop. 

On 5/19/2020 at 6:49 PM, JoshMillsPhoto said:

Dont know this would help but I do it by selecting "none" as color and then checking "auto-load" on the context bar.

3 hours ago, softsound said:

@HuniSempi

Yeah I don't have that kind of ram, I have 8gb ram. I can't really copy between photoshop or affinity photo without it crashing due to large file sizes which I understand (so yeah a window will pop up about the file size being too large) and it struggles when I work with larger files. I just stick with photoshop because it's just more compatible and doesn't struggle. I don't really use Photo much when Photoshop just works better for me. It could be a ram issue or just a photoshop thing, either way, Photo isn't up to Photoshop standards yet. It's not a big deal to me though and I'd prefer the other things I mentioned worked on over this.

I use Designer a ton though, and if I could get away from Photoshop I might (though I still use it a ton for handing off design projects and I can't hand off Photo files to my team). Overall I'm really happy with Designer, but Photo to me still seems a fair way off before I'd recommend it over Krita, Clip Studio or Photoshop. 

Like Photoshop, Affinity Photo has a RAM usage setting. Have you checked that to see if it is set to high for your system?  If it is set to 8 GB, maybe try reducing it to 6 GB or 5 GB of RAM usages and see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

A) Individual adjustment for the Dither Filter parameters

It would really helpful to have the freedom to adjust the parameters of the dither filter to nudge/influence the outcome in an individual way. Especially for people (me) who use it as visual/aesthetic tool.

B) GIF creator / timeline

It's a shame that I have to outsource creating gifs to other software such as GIMP or Sketch. Adding a timeline feature for GIF creations would be really helpful.

Thanks 🙏

1) More options Detech Edges tool

2) Diffuse Glow, why only white?

3) Vignette, color picker too?

4) Some filters more. I like to use Detech edges tool to make photo like it is draw, of course some tool already would be nice for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 7:49 PM, JoshMillsPhoto said:

1. Median Blur as an option in the Frequency Separation tool

3. Recording Macro using Apply Image Filter - when recording a Macro using Apply Image Filter and using another layer within the same document have the macro record the location of the source layer within the open document, NOT the contents of that layer. 

Example: If I record a macro using Apply Image Filter on one layer and use another layer in the same document as the source. Then I run that macro on a different image, it actually uses the information from the source layer in the document that the Macro was recorded in. That is an undesired effect.... Not looking to create weird unexpected composites....LOL

So making the Macro record the location like "Underlying Layer" or even the layer name within the document would be helpful because then we could just rename source layer before Apply Image Filter when recording the macro so that layer would have the same name in every new file it is ran on. 

3b. A Source Dropdown menu in Apply Image Filter that includes the layers within the image - I am aware that you can drag a layer over and drop it on the dialog box. 

I also ran into the issue described in 3. when trying to follow the LockDown 2020 tutorial from Mr. Fernando Martins Ribeiro.  He also graciously provided a macro to do the median blur frequency separation, but when I tried to run it, I had the same issue described by JoshMillsPhoto.  I wonder if there is a work around.  I could not fine one.

Just now, Rico54 said:

My wish list for 2020?  I hope the Affinity line of product remain compatible with old Mac and MacOS as long as possible.

I think your wish list should be for a new MAC at Christmas or your next birthday

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:05 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

A DAM would make me so happy.  I'm using Irfanview plus directory management and it is a terrible workflow.

Please check out XNView. It is just wonderful.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com