You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am new to Affinity Publisher. I need to place white text on coloured images and objects but, nowhere in the colour selections can I find white.

I have tried the colour picker but even when I sample a white page, the colour picker colour shows as light yellow.

Also, if I copy and paste an image which contains white, the white changes to light yellow.

Please advise.

Edited by Janner J
extra information

• Staff

Hi Janner J,

Welcome to the forums :)

This usually indicates there is an inconsistency with the ICC profile in use for your monitor - as Affinity actively converts the colours on screen based on these profiles.

Could you please confirm for me, are you using Windows or Mac?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Thank you for your response. I have now noticed that when I print, the yellow on images and objects come out as white. Also, when I export as pdf the yellow is displayed as white.

However, I still cannot work out how to find white for text.

I am using Windows 10.

Edited by Janner J
additional information

With the text selected and the RGB sliders visible in the Colour panel, set all the values to maximum (255). This is pure white:

267057202_Screenshot2019-12-05at17_05_14.thumb.png.344d44b66fbe967e7fd2858d88657ed9.png

Alternatively you can display the CMYK sliders and set all the values to minimum (0). This is also pure white.

If it appears light yellow (or any other colour) on screen, it's down to your monitor/colour profile settings. It should still print as white.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that Janner J, could you please follow my instructions in the below post and let me know if this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)