You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print Settings in AP

Hi there, just a question:

Does AP save/keep the last used print settings?

In my case, AP always steps back to some setting (didn't find where that comes from), any changes are ignored in the next print (switches back to a different printer and papersiize/icc). This is annoying, if you work on a layout, and want to have some steps pinned at the wall in order to talk about, you have to enter the settings over and over again. But maybe its my setup? Is this normal?

Beside that, I would highly appreciate saveable print-settings, like specific export settings which also can be saved. (Feature request)

cheers, Marcus

Affinity Suite since 1.7, now on 2.4.0 – I love it !
iMac i9, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

You can save your print profile in the Print dialogue. Set up the dialogue as wanted and save the profile.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thanks, thats what I use.

But many or most apps I print from remember the last print state, ad to print with the same settings you just have to cmd-P-return and you`re done. Would be nice to have that behaviour too, it's just quicker and a nobrainer, if you have many settings and some printers like me.

Affinity Suite since 1.7, now on 2.4.0 – I love it !
iMac i9, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

• 2 years later...

I have to agree to this idea - I've just been setting up a complex print and working to get it right. Two per page, single sided (not default duplex), fit to page, and other settings and I had to set this up each time as I experimented to get the print right before I did the big run. While it may not keep it long term with a setting, it should at least not reset to the default every time I select the Print option for the same document with no other changes. It gets expensive to be wasting prints.