You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The usual answer: Until they're ready.

We do not even know all the new functions yet that 1.8 will be introducing. The most recent Publisher beta for Mac introduced a new template facility, for example, that has not yet reached the Windows version. IDML import is still quite new and being debugged and improved. There may still be additional new features.

If I had to guess I would say it's likely to be a few months still.

There will be announcements here in the forums when 1.8 is released. For example, in this topic, which you can follow to be notified of new releases.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

22 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

The usual answer: Until they're ready.

We do not even know all the new functions yet that 1.8 will be introducing. The most recent Publisher beta for Mac introduced a new template facility, for example, that has not yet reached the Windows version. IDML import is still quite new and being debugged and improved. There may still be additional new features.

If I had to guess I would say it's likely to be a few months still.

There will be announcements here in the forums when 1.8 is released. For example, in this topic, which you can follow to be notified of new releases.

Cool, thanks. Just checking. :)

53 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

As Walt Farrell says, when it’s ready...

But, my believe is that v1.8 can be at least four to six month away from ready...

A good guess is that the iPad version of Affinity Publisher will be the 1.8 release...

And, hold in mind, there’s still no 1.8 beta version released of Photo and Designer to Mac yet...

So, hold on, or use current beta versions as they are - pretty stable and nice on my machine...

Cool, thanks. I have the Windows version.

• Staff

Because of the common file format and StudioLink, Affinity 1.8.0 releases will likely be around the same date for all Affinity applications and on all platforms , so expect to see some macOS and iPadOS 1.8.0 betas first.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.