You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer hanging when I try to print

Trying to print a document and finding a constant freeze up or hanging. It gets as far as the Print dialogue box but when I try to select an artboard to print, I just get the spinning beach ball and have to force quit. I tried copying the artboard to a new document but got the same result.

Attached is the Crash Report from when I had to force quit. 

Affinity Designer crash Date:Time: 2019-12-04 17:21:56 +0000.pdf

Thanks for the quick response. Attached are two screen recordings. The spinning beach ball is not showing up on the recordings but on the first it appeared as soon as I clicked on print and on the second it appeared when I tried to change the paper size. After both I had to Force Quit.

Thanks. Open in Preview and Save as PDF don't hang. Maybe it's the printer driver? I'll reinstall it and let you know what happens.

I'm getting a similar problem with Affinity Publisher but that just continually crashes rather than hangs whenever I try to print. I've posted on the AP Bugs for Mac OS forum and am still waiting on a response.

Hi. I've reinstalled the printer driver and it's still hanging. I can't locate the actual printer driver files - there's just loads of small files in the Epson folder in the Printers Directory of Libraries. Where would i find the file you want? It's an Epson Stylus photo 1500W.