You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple’s Mac App of the Year? Catalina

new on this forum,

I just bought affinity designer and photo because adobe photoshop stand alone cs6 is not working in the latest iOS Catalina

Strange that apple made affinity the app of the year but it is not working on their own latest iOS Catalina

is there an update or work around?

Thanks

4 hours ago, Sandemen said:

adobe photoshop stand alone cs6 is not working in the latest iOS Catalina

But what does this have to do with Affinity and its award?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff
3 hours ago, Geoff777 said:

All the Affinity Apps work with Catalina... I'm using Catalina and Designer, Photo and Publisher have been trouble-free, so far, touch wood!

Or did you mean iOS 13 on iPad?? I'm using Catalina on an iMac.

Our apps also support iOS13 :)

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

8 minutes ago, Callum said:

Especially Publisher here (well maybe one future day)! ;)

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

12 hours ago, Callum said:

Technically, wouldn't that now be iPadOS 13? I don't think there is an iOS 13 version that runs on iPads available from Apple anymore. Am I wrong about that?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

17 hours ago, Geoff777 said:

All the Affinity Apps work with Catalina... I'm using Catalina and Designer, Photo and Publisher have been trouble-free, so far, touch wood!

Or did you mean iOS 13 on iPad?? I'm using Catalina on an iMac.

First, I agree, this thread is not about AP.  As you stated trouble-free, may I ask how you edit Apple Photos and save to Photos, if you do so, in Catalina?  Serious question, many would like to know.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

3 hours ago, Cecil said:

First, I agree, this thread is not about AP.  As you stated trouble-free, may I ask how you edit Apple Photos and save to Photos, if you do so, in Catalina?  Serious question, many would like to know.

I don't use Photos.... as an ex-Aperture user I never, ever got along with it. It's why I'm using AP and, for renaming, Graphic Converter. Filing is, unfortunately, done manually for now (I'm a home-user, not a pro, but still have a lot to wade through!!). Hoping AP comes up with a DAM one day.

7 hours ago, Geoff777 said:

I don't use Photos.... as an ex-Aperture user I never, ever got along with it. It's why I'm using AP and, for renaming, Graphic Converter. Filing is, unfortunately, done manually for now (I'm a home-user, not a pro, but still have a lot to wade through!!). Hoping AP comes up with a DAM one day.

As you , use AP as hobby, but depend on iCloud as my main storage service and Apple’s iCloud and Photos to manage my photos, hence the problem.  Just speculation, if Affinity, in the future releases a DAM, I would suggest it would be a separate, but welcome App.  I would purchase it if allow iCloud backup/storage.  Google, Dropbox and others, I don’t want to pay. iPhone, iPad Pro and iMac, one file system.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

4 hours ago, Cecil said:

As you , use AP as hobby, but depend on iCloud as my main storage service and Apple’s iCloud and Photos to manage my photos, hence the problem.  Just speculation, if Affinity, in the future releases a DAM, I would suggest it would be a separate, but welcome App.  I would purchase it if allow iCloud backup/storage.  Google, Dropbox and others, I don’t want to pay. iPhone, iPad Pro and iMac, one file system.

I'd pay for an Affinity DAM too! I think a lot of people would. Wish Apple would have sold them the rights to Aperture - would have solved a lot of issues!

I don't use iCloud for photos either - bought a Synology server and have set up my own "personal" cloud which the rest of the family can use too. It works well and there's no monthly fee.