You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion for the New Document Window

Thanks, this is a very nice update. I really like the new document window.

Is there any chance that you can add the option to set a preset, either the standard ones or a user created one, as a default when creating a new file, so that it is the one selected when the window opens. 

This would also be useful with Templates. Users could choose a particular template to be selected if they are going to be using it for a period of time, when the need is no longer there they could just deselect it or choose another.

If this option is part of the window, the default could be quickly changed to suit any workflow or if users prefer they do not need to set any defaults.

1 hour ago, Murfee said:

Is there any chance that you can add the option to set a preset, either the standard ones or a user created one, as a default when creating a new file, so that it is the one selected when the window opens. 

For me in retail v.1.7.3 it works like a charm (or even since earlier betas?): Whenever I use "New..." I find my recent setting.

Unfortunately v518 it seems to forget my recent settings and always has A4 selected for new documents – even if I save a preset and use this instead.
While also v.1.7.3 has A4 selected for New... now v518 behaves different and does not respect/remind my recent settings for Margins and Orientation.

The new icon overview in v518 is rather disturbing to me. Neither I may delete or sort some presets nor collapse a section – but always need to scroll down to my custom presets, which unfortunately get placed at the bottom end of the preset lists, both in icon view and pulldown menu.

Finally I wonder why 1.) all print presets have a margin of 25 mm, regardless of page size, and 2.) a custom margin & page orientation gets lost/overwritten when I switch page size preset, whereas my bleed and color settings remain as set and wanted.

474521385_Bildschirmfoto2019-12-04um17_10_28.jpg.d6e7da5eb24e7acd40a0ffa283085c26.jpg

A note to light UI: page orientation icons and preset icons have less contrast. Especially a selected icon in light blue on gray appears to disappear.

688427357_UIlight-contrast.thumb.jpg.9a195bc8646b3c6231ffef70bbd713fb.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

This thread is locked

Now 1.8 has been released please post in the suggestions forum anything from this thread that is not implemented as you wish.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon