You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

IDML Import issues with special textframes and placed PDF

Hi Affinity-Team,

congrats for the app of the year, you're the best! 

But there is still some work to do ;-) in this case AP Beta 1.8.0-518, which should include those two points: First, the import places the text in those rounded boxes at top (not at the center as the original), and even if you change that setting, the text remains there until you really edit it manually. Second, the placed PDF is somewhat squeezed and I didnt figure out in relation to what.

indesign-source.jpg.8bbaa51bddf155e239aac315f7f2ca15.jpg

1871236144_importedidml.jpg.5a099d6b8abe3aaa5c64dc96547c46fc.jpg

So please take a look at that, thank you. I'll give you the source files (excerpts) to trace that back, in my Dropbox …

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bbqz5pf8zxgscd/19_12_04_pkf_affinity-test ordner.dmg?dl=0

Cheers, Marcus 

Affinity Suite since 1.7, now on 2.4.0 – I love it !
iMac i9, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

• Staff

Hi @Marcocampo,

I'm still looking at this a bit, it looks like we aren't importing or setting some baseline grid settings correctly, if I untick use baseline grid in the Baseline Grid Manager it seems to display better.

Regarding the squished PDF, I don't see this but the link is broken for me and I have to replace it, can you confirm if you replace that pdf with itself if that fixes the pdf issue?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi @Jon P

in the indd source text (screenshot) is not aligned to the baseline grid. I tested switching off the baseline grid in AP beta, but this changed nothing for me. Same result. But regarding the Grid the conversion seems to be ok.

1048143867_Bildschirmfoto2019-12-05um08_33_50.png.67577cc5f1e4fc2f51194a2f1ad93b22.png

Here a small vid of the behaviour of the text. Adding a linebreak before the first line brings back the correct alignment, but changes the lineheight.

-->> The placed PDF remained squished in my case, I tried to have both files on the same root level in the indd, exported a fresh idml, imported that – with the same result. Here the files …
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bnny20a8vbkh4ix/19_12_05_textbox-pdf-issues.zip?dl=0

cheers, Marcus

Hi @Jon P

not enough time this morning. A second check showed, that you're right. Activating "ignore Grid" in the textpanel brings the text back in the right position. But where does that come from? I didn't use the grid in this layout. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.