You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher: How to link text frames?

In Affinity Publisher, it says the following: 

There are two basic ways to set up a linked sequence of frames:

You can link a sequence of empty frames, then import the text.
You can import the text into a single frame, then create and link additional frames into which the text automatically flows.

When a text frame is selected, the frame includes a triangular Text Flow button at the bottom right of the text frame (red or blue). Irrespective of whether the frame text is overflowing, you can click this to draw out another text frame linked to the originating text frame.

Here are my text frames on my master page. How do I access the "triangular Text Flow button" that's needed to link the frames. There doesn't seem to be one?

Here are my text frames on my master page.

198166361_ScreenShot2019-12-04at11_01_51.jpg.00b660e4f3c86243092e5c092f165791.jpg

How do I access the "triangular Text Flow button" that's needed to link the frames? There doesn't seem to be one?

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Zoom in

Thanks! I can't believe it was so simple!

Is there any way I can link frames between instances of a master page.

Example

help.jpg.6b31c5c8a4ab6c4e9a394cd542482ae2.jpg

All these pages come from the same master page ("Master Page A"). How can  I can link the top frame to the next instance? (As show by the red arrow)

Ideally, can I link at the master page level (e.g. on "Master Page A") as my document has over 200 pages, so I would prefer not to have to do them individually. 

29 minutes ago, haakoo said:

This will only work  if you have the text already made upfront because you can have external text automatically add pages with the text.

Thanks! Is there a trick to making this work? I do the following:

1. I make sure my document only has one page.

2. I click on the first text frame.

2. I select Place and import the .txt file. 

However, it only adds text to the first page. It doesn't create more pages to place the rest of the text. Instead, the text just gets cut off.