You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

21 minutes ago, Sachin Puthran said:

My Creative team wants this to be done.

1. No support for import or export of INDD or IDML files

? So you must be happy with the 1.7.3 version. There is no support of INDD or IDML available.

Unfortunately the upcoming 1.8x version imports IDML. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Do not ask for ETAs, since you won't get a satisfying answer. 1.8.x development is in the flow, as I read between the lines new function(s) will be introduced with 1.8.x apart from IDML import and others.

So my advice: Test the Publisher 1.8x beta if it satisfy your needs. Maybe this advice came to late for all your other problems. I mean, you want to earn money and abandoned a reliable workflow against a workflow you did not know if it would suit your needs?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 12/4/2019 at 4:26 AM, Joachim_L said:

? So you must be happy with the 1.7.3 version. There is no support of INDD or IDML available.

Unfortunately the upcoming 1.8x version imports IDML. ;)

In the meantime. If you export from InDesign to a Press Ready PDF (or just correctly) and you have the fonts on your system; you can open the pdf up in Publisher and work on it from there. I have often asked designers to always create a Press Ready PDF of their finished work. That way you always a way back to your creations. The industry standard was once Pagemaker and Quark. If designers (including me) had created PDF's of all the finished products then there would be no lost artwork due to no way of opening the files. A good practice no matter what design software you use.