You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Changes Boldness or Shadow or Something?

Hi! I'm looking for some help with this issue that has happened a few times now. I think I am hitting a keyboard command. It usually happens when I am working on a different page and don't notice the issue until later. 

I have checked for consistency between the correct and incorrect formatted text and cannot find any differences in the Text Frame window, except that the font color is listed as none. I have also check for shadow features in Layer Effects.

Thank you!

image.png.2aedc2fe74bfd95ab6025f0c74b0c43e.png

@lurline.sweet: Unless you like receiving spam, it isn’t a good idea to use your email address as your forum username. To change it, go to your Account Settings page, click or tap on the ‘Display Name’ link, type a new display name into the box and press ‘Save’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

19 hours ago, LSweet said:

(I thought it happened when I typed a capital S.)

It may have been the X key which is next to the S key

Shift+X will swap stoke and fill - adding a "default" stroke colour/width if there was not one to start with

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.