I'm using version 1.3.4 of Affinity Photo. BTW, awesome app!

When I try to use the Photoshop plugin for Filter Forge Pro 4, I get the following error message.

<XFW::SystemCallError> ::open(file '/tmp/Filter Forge universal.log') failed with error code 1: Operation not permitted.

I gave full permissions to the file, and it still returns the same error message.

This is usually down to the App Sandbox. Try and add the highest directory you can to the Plugin support folders.

We are in the process of going through all the plugins we can find and compiling a set of directories you would need to add for them.

I'm using version 1.3.4 of Affinity Photo. BTW, awesome app!

When I try to use the Photoshop plugin for Filter Forge Pro 4, I get the following error message.

<XFW::SystemCallError> ::open(file '/tmp/Filter Forge universal.log') failed with error code 1: Operation not permitted.

I gave full permissions to the file, and it still returns the same error message.

I have the same problem, waiting to find a solution

Chris thank you for the advice - I will try the beta and report back today.  I do have to comment that as a standalone FF works fine.

Downloaded and installed Affinity Beta 1.5., directed through Preferences where to find the FF 5 plugin.  Dalia > Library > Containers > com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.beta > Data > Library > Application Support > Plugins > Filter Forge 5.  Restarted, opened new document,  Affinity crashes when calling Filter Forge.    :huh:

Ok, got Filter Forge to work within the Affinty Photo 1.4.2 by using a free app for Macs - BatChmod which allows for the changing of permissions without using the Terminal.  Restarted Affinity, opened an image and ran FF from within Affinity; it worked!