You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm working on a Celtic Knot project with lots of overlapping irregular shapes.

I'm having problems finding any setting combination that will line the corner points of any two shapes accurately. The irregular shapes mean that the bounding box is frequently not a helpful reference but nothing seems to allow me to drag a shape to line up two corner points. I've tried the force pixel alignment but everything just moves in bigger chunks and still doesn't line up. I can get edges to line up sometimes but then I have to slide up and down or side to side trying to get it to line up with the perpendicular lines of the snapped shape and never get a perfect line.

Any advice on how I can move a shape to snap to another shape based on the corner points?

Knot1.PNG

• Staff

Hi Folio graphic,

If possible could you provide a copy of your file so I can try this at my end? Please could you also detail the work around you found?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Here's a version of the file that can be used to test the issue. As for the work around: I've been able to use the snap to object bounding box option to accomplish my goal by using the "Include bounding box midpoints" option and moving the midpoint to the corner points that I want to snap to each other. This works but is several extra steps and time consuming to accomplish what I feel is a simple snap. I'm 98% sure AI had this feature because I don't ever remember having this issue before.

SnapToCornerPointIssues.afdesign

• 1 month later...