Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Arceom

Affinity Photo UI/UX Suggestions

Recommended Posts

This is a WIP list of the things I'd like to see implemented. All of these are things that come up while I work retouching photos for my work.

  • Show alt-modes/tooltips when hovering over different UI elements, the same way you are told different ways to use tools on the bottom of the UI. For example beign told ctrl(cmd)+click on a layer miniature makes a pixel selection.
  • Beign able to make pixel selections from curve layers thumbnails with ctrl+click or from Layers > Make selection from layer.
  • Not deleting a Curve layer when making pixel selections from it.
  • Beign able to make pixel selection from hidden layers.
  • Ability to click the checkbox in layers panel and drag it up/down to toggle visibility of multiple layers.
  • Ability to quickly use colorpick when a specific point in a gradient is selected.
  • Ability to colorpick from current layer or global source when in paint brush tool (currently it just picks from global source when pressing alt+click).
  • Ability to introduce rotation degrees as a negative value. i.e. -10 for a 350 rotation.
  • Ability to merge down pixel and non-pixel layers below with ctrl+e.
  • Shortcuts for expand group(children elements).
  • Ability to assign toggle show/hide layer on the same shortcut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Arceom said:

Show alt-modes/tooltips when hovering over different UI elements, the same way you are told different ways to use tools on the bottom of the UI. For example beign told ctrl(cmd)+click on a layer miniature makes a pixel selection.

That would get old fast, as this would require large tooltips that would get in the way of seeing what you are doing.

 

55 minutes ago, Arceom said:

Ability to click the checkbox in layers panel and drag it up/down to toggle visibility of multiple layers.

That is not a normal behavior for a checkbox and does not impress me as a good idea.  I think it would be better to select the layers in the panel (which would allow for discontiguous selections as well) and have the click of a checkbox for any of the selected layers applied to all those selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, fde101 said:

That is not a normal behavior for a checkbox and does not impress me as a good idea.  I think it would be better to select the layers in the panel (which would allow for discontiguous selections as well) and have the click of a checkbox for any of the selected layers applied to all those selected.

It was weird for me at the beginning, put this is how it works in photoshop and I think many people are already familiar with this behavior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.