You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo crashes on startup

Hi there!

I just bought Affinity Photo but can't get it to run on my Windows computer. It starts and even shows the application window for a few seconds, but then crashes without any error message. 

I tried uninstalling and resintalling in Administrator Mode, to no avail. The Event Viewer yields the following error, if it helps:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Photo.exe
P2: 1.7.3.481
P3: 5d8aaaab
P4: KERNELBASE.dll
P5: 10.0.18362.476
P6: 83c3d83a
P7: e0434352
P8: 000000000003a839
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER48BF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_Photo.exe_71a22869533412cf3b49a9fc8206cb96e28f5_732a1a21_6efd60cd-684b-42c8-98e8-cc4440e3ee0b

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 81314192-e6fb-47a7-8254-4a55bcbf635f
Report Status: 4196
Hashed bucket: 
Cab Guid: 0

Affinity Designer has been running for a few months now with no problem whatsoever.

Thanks in advance.

• Staff

Hi RenatoSaboya,

Welcome to the forums,

Please could you try opening the app with the CTRL key held down and when the reset menu appears click Select All then Clear to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 10:06 PM, RonCla said:

Same issue for me with Photo and Designer. I tried to clear the preferences as mentioned above but no success.

I am using a Huion screen tablet and updated the driver for this yesterday. Could this cause the crashes?

Thanks - Ron

as someone that has used affinity daily for almost 2 years & used a Huion tablet for 3 months of those, I can assure you that the tablet is making affinity crash. Thing is even if you manually save the file every 2-3 minutes it won't save, it's so frustrating. The best advice is to not have very long lines, intricate lines & to use the line adjustments of Affinity to your favour once finished using the tablet.