You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Apple App Store and Online Affinity

Apologize for the confusing post below, but this has been a confusing introduction to Publisher. Soooo happy to be using Publisher and not having to boot to an external drive running Mavericks just to get to Adobe InDesign 5.5. However, for reasons still not uncovered, Publisher has had serious and consistent crash problems since the beginning.

I now see that Affinity Publisher is available on the App Store. When I purchased Publisher on original release day, it was only available through the Affinity website as a download. Going through other areas of this support forum (beta, bugs, etc.), one can find my numerous posts regarding consistent crashes. Currently, I have achieved a workaround to the crashes (generally regarded as a unique, user-oriented issue rather than the software itself). This workaround has me setting up a separate user account and using a beta build (1.7.3.475). The beta builds were suggested prior to the suggestion of setting up a separate user account. If you are confused reading this, believe me, I have been confused on my end ten-fold.

No matter, at this point I am working towards updating my OS to Catalina and considering what to do about the user accounts, beta builds and basically consolidating everything back to a normal setup. In this regard, I am also wondering if I should (or could) be using the App Store version, although since I originally downloaded from the Affinity website, the App Store is listing Publisher as a purchase. How would it work to download from the App Store? I do have my Product Key and all the particulars, but don't want to be charged additional money.

Just want to set Publisher up normally as I have with Affinity Photo (downloaded from the App Store) and hopefully delete this separate user account that has been preventing the crashes from happening.

iMac (late 2013), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 32GB Ram, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5, Running Affinity Photo, Publisher. Running Adobe CS5.5 on external disk with Mavericks...when the bugs abate in Publisher, last line not needed.

44 minutes ago, Wolf Wallis said:

How would it work to download from the App Store? I do have my Product Key and all the particulars, but don't want to be charged additional money.

To use the App Store version you would need to purchase it again. There is no way to transfer licenses between the separate stores.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1