You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity photo will not run

1 minute ago, 9776 said:

Says my Windows 64bit - which I've just updated - is of the 'wrong' sort

What exactly was the error message?

You can just post a screenshot if English is not your first language

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

31 minutes ago, carl123 said:

What exactly was the error message?

You can just post a screenshot if English is not your first language

Can't replicate 'wrong' 64bit message yet - not sure how I got there. But here is the screen shot of the blank panels when trying to 'run' the program. 2nd appears when  try to run a 2nd time.  Nowhere to enter activation code ?  Thanks

affinity panels.PNG

Hi,

I just notice you have another post re this problem here

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/103113-affinity-photo-will-not-run/

Can you respond directly to that post where @Dan C has asked for additional information

Thanks

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

OK have downloaded NET Framework 4.8 with result. Affinity now installed but stuck again with message requesting Platform update for 7 SP1 - go to MS site and link is 404 (dated 2013 ???).  MIght give up and get refund.

4 minutes ago, 9776 said:

OK have downloaded NET Framework 4.8 with result. Affinity now installed but stuck again with message requesting Platform update for 7 SP1 - go to MS site and link is 404 (dated 2013 ???).  MIght give up and get refund.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

does this link work for you?

• Staff

Thanks for that. Could you please open Windows Run (Windows Key + R) then paste the following string and press OK:

dxdiag

In the window that opens, please select Save all Information, then attach a copy of this file to your reply here.
Many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Apologies, I need all the information that the .txt file provides. Could you please Save All Information from this dialog and upload the .txt file here?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Many thanks for that and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response.

This does show that DirectX 11 is in use, so I'm not 100% certain why you're seeing this warning message currently - I have forwarded this issue to our developers and will respond here asap!

Just now, Dan C said:

Many thanks for that and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response.

This does show that DirectX 11 is in use, so I'm not 100% certain why you're seeing this warning message currently - I have forwarded this issue to our developers and will respond here asap!

The reference to DirectX 11 is the software which needs to be installed, but we also depend on DirectX 10 features on the graphics card. It sounds like you either have a very old GPU, or you don't have up to date drivers. Looking in the log file I can see a few relevant lines:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
       Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
          Chip type: NVIDIA
     Display Memory: n/a
   Dedicated Memory: n/a
      Shared Memory: n/a
       Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (1Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic Non-PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: 
         Monitor Id: 
        Native Mode: 
        Output Type: 
        Driver Name: vga
Driver File Version: 6.01.7600.16385 (English)
 Driver Strong Name: Unknown
     Rank Of Driver: Unknown
         D3D Status: Not Available

Do you know what your actual GPU is?