You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ability to set default view in Affinity Photo (100%, fit to screen etc.)

I agree with stranded. My preference is to work in Separated Mode, both in Affinity Photo and Designer. I find it quite annoying to have an image open at a random window size and magnification, even at a random position (well, life is like a box of chocolates alright...). Equally annoying is the absence of a Fit to Screen command. The Zoom to Fit command only fits the image to its present window, but does not fit the window to the available space. Photoshop's Fit Screen does size both the image and it's window to make best use of available space. So I'd like to expand stranded's wish list by one more point:

"1) If the image is bigger than the actual workspace, fit it to screen

2) if the image is smaller than the workspace, show 100%

3) ability to set custom behavior for zoom levels in the UI"

4) ability to zoom both image and window to available space with a single button/command (similar to Fit Screen in PS)

Edited by Ciderman

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, ashf said:

There's the setting to limit initial size to 100% in the Preferences.

I feel totally idiotic.

I can clearly read "General> Limit initial zoom to a maximum of 100%" in the guide, hereBut if I go to Preferences-> General, I don't see that option anywhere. I am using Photo 1.10.4 Is it possible to have a screenshot of where this option is located? Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, MaxStirner said:

I feel totally idiotic.

I can clearly read "General> Limit initial zoom to a maximum of 100%" in the guide, hereBut if I go to Preferences-> General, I don't see that option anywhere. I am using Photo 1.10.4 Is it possible to have a screenshot of where this option is located? Thanks in advance.

As do I.

I think this is either a rather gross mistake in the online help or it may be only available to Windows. I am on Mac.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 year later...

I was looking for an answer to the same question when I came across this thread.
Apparently, as a Mac user I'm not getting this functionality.
160313337_ScreenShot2022-12-29at13_37_59.png.c466769658e3a2a233d5351fe031f58c.png

I see the last posting is already a 1 year old -is there any chance this feature will be added to the Mac version, or has version 1 been abandoned seeing that version 2 is now available? If so, are there any upgrade options for existing version 1 license owners?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...