Patrick Connor

Affinity Publisher is Apple’s Mac App of the Year

Our desktop layout app has been named in the "Best of 2019" list by Apple

app-of-year-icon-271120191106@2X.png

Ashley Hewson, the Managing Director of Serif, was at a prestigious Apple event in New York for the presentation of the award—the third time an Affinity app has been selected as the winner.

He said: “Affinity Publisher was by far our biggest project so far, introducing a world-first level of integration between creative apps, and the response to that has been unbelievable. And we’re honoured to be named App of the Year again for Affinity Publisher, following on from Affinity Photo for iPad and Mac.

We know our customers really love the Affinity apps and awards like this serve as further confirmation that we’re going in the right direction and making products that professionals around the world, who use them every day, genuinely appreciate.”

Read more in the AffinitySpotlight article by John Atkin

affinity-publisher-icon-balancing-on-top-of-the-apple-s-mac-app-of-the-year-award-on-a-blue-background--article-md@2x.jpg

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Affinity Publisher on iPad ?

Oh, already in 2020. But this is a completely different category.  ;-)Perhaps the DAM in Best Mac App. ;-) No matter, the main thing is gold!

The only way is up!

Congrats...

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

How wonderful!  And how well-deserved!!  And how fortunate we are to have such an incredible group as the Affinities, creating this masterpiece.  The award is a splendid Christmas gift to you all for having created for everybody else the gift of StudioLink.  Smooth as silk and a delight to use!   Onward and upward.   Or as Santa put it: “Up, up and away!!” 

21.5 iMAC Retina 4K display. MacOS Sierra v. 10.12.6 (which I am not changing).  3.1 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6 GHz.  Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3.  1TB Fusion Drive.  Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB.   iPad Pro 12.9, iOS v. 12.3.1, Apple Pencil.  Affinity Publisher 1.7.3, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3. 

Magic mouse.9_9

Congratulations! Keep up the great work. :)

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

Congratulations!..brilliant....completely deserved for creating something magnificent!....

but Apple is just catching up..I am sure most of the forum already knew that!:)

AD 1.7.3 + Beta AD 1.8.0.486 | APh 1.7.3 + Beta AP 1.8.0.486
APu 1.7.3 +Beta Apu 1.8.0.518

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.11.3(Adrenalin 2019, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.37-3

Congratulations, Affinity.

Never in the annals of Mac applications history has any company immaculately executed 3 consecutive programs at the vanguard of the creative industry.  

If this was not enough of an achievement, these 'best in class' applications work seamlessly together with unprecedented engineering.

Ease of use.  Fully featured.  Unlimited power.  The holy trinity of Mac aspirations.

Most impressive.  You have done well.  To be recognised by Apple themselves so often is a feat in itself.  It's great to see platform provider and platform developer in lockstep with a singular vision.  To make insanely great apps.

It appears the Olympians have the old gods in sight.  To Olympus, then?

Sincere regards,

Azrael.

Late to the party, but nonetheless: Congratulations to the team! This is really well deserved. Your apps a joy to work with! :)

(“Apps” almost sounds too colloquial for these mighty and constantly evolving tools. ;))

To make some guys stumble here :) : I love my Creative Suite 2030, But I love the Affinity suite too. I see both collections not opposed, but complementary. Very, very happy, that Apple rewarded you with the title „App of the Year“!

Curious, what we can expect from Affinity in the next month and years!