Sign in to follow this  
Gigatronix Pete

Stretching an image one way

Hello gang

I have a raster image that i need stretching but only one way

The image was taken at an angle (image a) and i just want to make it deeper! So all i would usually do in other software is move round so that the image is straight (image b) & drag the bottom down.
But when i do this the outer box moves round with the image (image c) so all i can do is make it bigger or smaller using the angles i have! 

What i want is to just to take the image (image d) & drag JUST the bottom of the image down making the ferrule deeper

Is this possible at all?

Cheers

Pete

a.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

24 minutes ago, Gigatronix Pete said:

Is this possible at all?

Hi Pete, yes it is. Rotate your image as you have already shown in your screenshot. Now group that single pixel layer. With the group selected use the move tool to stretch it down 

Murfee's suggestion is probably the best, but if you don't want to group you can just re-rasterise the layer once you've rotated it and it will reset the orientation of the bounding box controls.