You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Photo (Catalina 10.15.1) v Affinity editing Still Not Working

On 4/9/2020 at 9:26 AM, Dan C said:

Our developers are aware of this issue, as well as the larger, over-arching issues that a select group of users are experiencing with Apple Photos and we're working hard to resolve this for both yourself and our other customers.

A frustrating aspect of all this is, despite the fact the AP developers acknowledge that these issues affect « a select group of users », there does not seem to be much effort to follow up in any detail with users in this select group to try and see if a common element can be found. Failing that, can we at least be assured that the AP team have been able to replicate these problems in-house?

On 4/1/2020 at 10:02 AM, Dan C said:

We're unsure as to the exact reason that this can happen for some customers and not for others, as there does not appear to be a common factor here.

I am unclear as to how the AP team came to a conclusion that there does not appear to be a common factor here. 

I totally caved to saying  projects to external drive until I was ready to export the final product.  I can open them, Export to pig or JPEF and move or save to Photos.  The system, for me, was broke in 1.7.3, Mojave.  Look’s like we will have a new macOS, before AP fix, which may not work with the new OS.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection