You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Turn off spell check on iPad Affinity Designer

• Staff

Hi Meinhart :)

Please open your document in Affinity Designer, then open the Character Studio from the right hand toolbar. Now select the 3 tiered 'burger menu' at the top of this studio, here you will find the option to disable spell check whilst typing -

File 03-12-2019, 12 48 00.jpeg

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have this problem as well, however, disabling spell check only disables the current session, so whenever I open the same document or a new document, spell check is enabled again. Is there any way to disable it permanently? I use several languages in many of my documents so the spell check only makes things annoying in my case..

• Staff

Hi luvis :)

My apologies for the delayed response - unfortunately there's no 'master' setting to disable this currently, however it is logged as an improvement with our developers!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi @SzilardUK,

Unfortunately there's no 'master' setting to disable Spellchecking throughout multiple sessions still, my apologies.

I'll be sure to 'bump' this request with our developers now!

Please note -

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi @SzilardUK,

Unfortunately there's no 'master' setting to disable Spellchecking throughout multiple sessions still, my apologies.

I'll be sure to 'bump' this request with our developers now!

Thank you for the reply. I think the vast majority of the users would agree that even if there is no global setting, the default should be off, that then could be turned on from the quick menu. The correcture marks are a nuisance during common design tasks and having to turn them off every time is not very user friendly.