You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delay using Raster Persona

Guys,
I'm using here the Affinity Designer 1.7.3 on my Macbook pro 2018 (16gb, Radeon 560x 4gb)
I can't understand why this issue is happening with a very small project,

few pixel layers and getting this unpleasant issue during my work :/
 Look at this video as example, It's a clear document not heavy one, tested different brushes too, no reason to have this problem, any help?

Please any solution? I'm starting get tired to always stop my work to report issues to help the bugs report and no feedback. :/

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

• Staff

Do those brushes respond ok on a new document around 1000x2000px? I've just tried it myself and the brush in Pencils and Charcoals is fine for me on a late 2013 iMac with no discreet GPU.

Would you be able to attach a copy of the document shown in the video please along with the brushes you were using? Also could you attach a screenshot of the options you've got set in Perferences > Performance please?

Hello Sean,

files attached below :)
It's seems that this is happening after the pixel layer used a couple of sketches, I mean sounds more Layer problem. Try by yourself.

Regard the brush as you can see on the video I'm using different brushes, no matter which one. so I don't think this is a cause by my custom brush.

thank you for your feedback

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 09.26.18.png

Copy-Project-forrTest.afdesign

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

• Staff

Unfortunately it is still ok for me using your document! Could you try turning your RAM Usage limit down to 16GB, restart your Mac and see if that improves anything.

If not could you try the following combinations and let me know how each responds:

• Display: Metal, Enable Metal compute acceleration: Off, Use only integrated GPU: On
  • Display: Metal, Enable Metal compute acceleration: Off, Use only integrated GPU: Off
  • Display: Metal, Enable Metal compute acceleration: On, Use only integrated GPU: On
  • Display: Metal, Enable Metal compute acceleration: On, Use only integrated GPU: Off
  • Display: OpenGL, Enable Metal compute acceleration: Off, Use only integrated GPU: On
  • Display: OpenGL, Enable Metal compute acceleration: Off, Use only integrated GPU: Off
  • Display: OpenGL, Enable Metal compute acceleration: On, Use only integrated GPU: On
  • Display: OpenGL, Enable Metal compute acceleration: On, Use only integrated GPU: Off