You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

help not available

Hi I am using Designer 1.7.3 and I no longer have access to the Designer help unless I am online. I am using MacBook Pro with Mac OS 10.15.1. 

Please see the attachment for confirmation. 

Do I need to download the affinity help files from somewhere and if so where do I install them on my Mac?

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 22.38.07.png

• Staff

Hi Frank,

The help files are packaged with Designer therefore it is not possible to download them separately. Strange that yours don't display when you're offline however. I've tried it on my machine turning off both Wi-Fi and removing the ethernet cable and I was still able to search without issues.

Would you be able to try removing your help cache by using this command in terminal please?

killall helpd; rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.help*; rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.help*

We do have a copy of the help available on the web as well here: https://affinity.help/

• Staff

Hi Frank,

Sorry that hasn't worked for you. Did you try running the command, rebooting and then ensure the 'Please wait a moment for complete search results' had gone away when searching? Is your copy of Designer kept inside the root of Applications with the default name, or have you moved/renamed it.

Lastly is it the Mac App Store or Affinity Store version of help you are using?