You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No product key for my purchase of Affinity Photo

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Andrew.

There are 3 stores you could have purchased from: the Mac App Store, the Microsoft Store, or the Serif Affinity store.

Which did you use? You would only have a product key if you used the Serif Affinity Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Yasynovy said:

I don't want to attach bank receipt here, because of personal data, but can send it via direct mail.

That's a very wise choice :)

You can try email to affinityorders@serif.com, where someone from the appropriate team should see it tomorrow.

You could also try checking your account information at the Affinity Store. Go to https://store.serif.com/account/downloads/ and, after signing in with the email and password you used to purchase, you should find a download link and a product key.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Another person to the group of those who made the purchase, the transaction was successful because the money was deducted from the accounts, but we did not receive any confirmation from Affinity, we need some kind of communication, there are already many people affected to make it a bank error.

1 hour ago, jorge77401 said:

Another person to the group of those who made the purchase, the transaction was successful because the money was deducted from the accounts, but we did not receive any confirmation from Affinity, we need some kind of communication, there are already many people affected to make it a bank error.

Several other users, though, including you (I think) said that they were told (by Serif?) that the bank declined the transaction. That is not a "successful" transaction, it's a failure. It's a very odd failure if Serif thinks the bank declined payment, but the money was deducted, and it needs to be addressed.

Andrew did not mention any kind of failure, so we don't know if it's the same issue.

-- Walt
PC:

It happened the same to me yesterday.

I tried to purchase Affinity Photo and Designer Workbook.

After I introduced my card details, the web said there was an error, so the transaction was not completed.

Nonetheless, the money was deducted from my bank account.

I sent an email yesterday morning, but still no answer.

So now I have no money and no product.

I contacted my bank, but for them there was no problem during the transaction...

So, what do we have to do now?

There are so many people affected by this "error"

I have a similar issue: No product key for my Affinity purchase ... I purchased via the MS Store.

I now have two instances in my Start Menu;

- One being the trial version I originally installed, which asks for a Product Key

- The other being a link that successfully runs Affinity.

I want to be able to activate my license via the trial version - - How do I get my Product Key ??

Regards, John TKA

• Staff

Hi johnthekeenamateur,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Only the version sold though our store (Affinity Store) uses an e-mail/product key to activate/validate the installation. The version bought through the Microsoft doesn't provide any since the purchase is automatically tied to your Microsoft ID. If you need to install the app again, login in the Microsoft app store with the same credentials used to buy the application and install it again from the respective product page (the button there should say Install rather than Buy). There's no way to switch the license to the Affinity Store (with a product key) since the Affinity and Microsoft stores are not related/linked in any way. If you bought the app from the Microsoft Store recently you may be able to get a refund from them which you can use to buy the app from our store if that's what you wish.

Well Microsoft Store is not the case. I bought Affinity Photo from Affinity Store. Money was debited from my card. No product key was provided.

I've sent two emails, trying to resolve this situation. Both emails with payment receipt attached.  I got no answer for whole week. 

Nobody from stuff members didn't pickup this case from forum.  No refund on my card was made.
So, should I consider my money as stolen?  

Hello Affinity Team!

I have a very similar situation: I've tried to buy Affinity Publisher on Tuesday, December 3rd, I've got a message saying that transaction was not successful but my debit card (not virtual one) was charged anyway, though the money are in HOLD status ever since. I've sent an email right after (with transaction details provided from bank app) but I haven't received any reply yet (auto-reply stated that they would try to be in touch within 2-3 business days). 

I can see that this kind of situation happened quite a few times already with people from different countries (this topic, https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/103015-payment-did-go-through-but-i-havent-received-anything/, https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/102880-payment-method-declined-but-my-card-payment-was-deducted/, https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/102985-error-when-shopping-idk-if-i-actually-purchase-the-software/), so is there any hope to get it solved somehow? Or it's better if I start working it out with the bank directly to try to get a refund/charge-back/etc.? 

I've also bought Affinity Photo using Paypal, everything went fine. Maybe a short message on a payment page would be helpful to encourage people to use Paypal until the problem is sorted out?

P.S. The products are awesome, and it's a bit sad that this kind of problems are being handled this way, though I get it that with all recent sales offers, probably there are a lot of problems to deal with. 

So, quick update: I've just received an email, where Affinity Team said that my payment has been declined by their system and they didn't charge my card, which means that money which are in HOLD status on my bank account will be released within few days.

• Staff
5 hours ago, Andrew Yasynovy said:

Well Microsoft Store is not the case. I bought Affinity Photo from Affinity Store. Money was debited from my card. No product key was provided.

I've sent two emails, trying to resolve this situation. Both emails with payment receipt attached.  I got no answer for whole week. 

Nobody from stuff members didn't pickup this case from forum.  No refund on my card was made.
So, should I consider my money as stolen?  

Hi Andrew Yasynovy,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Have you sent the e-mail to affinityorders@serif.com or to somewhere else? Due to the recent sales offers/promos things have been quite busy lately. Please hold tight. Someone will take care of this for you soon. Apologies for the delay.