You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picking a color is a little awkward?

Is it me doing something wrong or can't you pick any color straight from your artwork?

I mean look at my attachment. What if I need the grey color from the helmet, how do I get that, looks like there is no pipette available. I've also look inside the Tools panel but can't seem to find it.

Anybody?

post-11039-0-58580900-1436551034_thumb.png

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

• Staff

The colour picker is on the colour panel. Drag the pipette to the colour on your design and the colour swatch next to the picker now contains the chosen colour. You can now use the swatch whenever you like.

Attaboy, there we go..

Thanks  :D

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

• 2 weeks later...

The colour picker is on the colour panel. Drag the pipette to the colour on your design and the colour swatch next to the picker now contains the chosen colour. You can now use the swatch whenever you like.

Is there a way of picking color via droplet style similar to photoshop. Like using the picker to point and click on the color in an existing image / drawing (then pushing that into the swatch)

Dragging the picker to a point seem a bit strange just to pick the color and actually one of the feature that hinders me from moving 100% to affinity as it breaks my worklfow.