You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

already bought but still opens in trial version

I see you've posted this same question to a parallel thread and in a thread from 2016 where someone asked a similar question, albeit for MAC OS.  I suspect a moderator will move or delete that parallel thread.

Are you using the MAC version or Windows?  That could be relevant (there are replies in that 2016 thread which suggest how to resolve the issue on MACs) but, since the Trial versions of any Affinity apps run for a maximum of ten days from first opening I do not see how you could have purchased APu and APh "a while ago" and yet they still be those trial versions?  How do you know that they are still only "trials"?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Hi kneldakis,

Welcome to the forums :)

When launching the app, if you're seeing a dialog informing you that you're still running a trial this means the product keys have not been authenticated by the app.

If you're seeing this dialog when loading the app, you should see 3 options, 1. Continue with trial, 2. Purchase Software and 3. Input Product Key. Please select this third option to activate your software, after copy and pasting your email address and product key from your Order Confirmation email the app should inform you that the product has been unlocked, and you should no longer see the trial dialog when opening the app.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C

@kneldakis has also posted this to the Customer Services area where he/she says the apps were bought from M$ Store in the Philippines.  Does this advice re that dialogue screen also apply to M$ Store purchases?  I thought they were validated automatically and no key etc. was needed?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Thanks for the info Jeff, I must admit I overlooked this detail in the Customer Service post before hiding it - apologies!

3 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

Does this advice re that dialogue screen also apply to M$ Store purchases?  I thought they were validated automatically and no key etc. was needed?

That's correct, this advice only applies to the Affinity Store version and not the Microsoft Store version.

@kneldakis I suspect you have downloaded the trial from the Affinity Store, then purchased the Microsoft Store version separately. This means that when purchasing the Microsoft Store version it doesn't overwrite the Affinity Store trial, and you don't need to activate this version. Please uninstall the trial version from your PC, then install the Microsoft Store version that you've purchased. When launching this version, you won't be shown any trial screen or require a product code, as this is all linked to your Microsoft Account.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thank you so much, Dan, also to Jeff. I will do that. I am very sorry for posting this concern a number of times, I was quite anxious and worried that I mistakenly posted this on the wrong board so I posted it again on two different boards/threads. I am just a newbie here, so sorry. Again, thanks. I will give update regarding my concern.