You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

move photo from one document to another?

• 1 year later...

Hi

i want to drag a layer from one photo to another. i have opened in separated mode and grabbed a layer from one photo, green + symbol seen, it opened the receiving layer, and when i released the mouse button it copied another layer on the receiving layer. 

obviously doing something basic wrong. just started out with affinity as i used to use photoshop.

thanks

Alan

• Staff

Hi Alan G,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I was able to reproduce this behaviour here but not consistently. Seems there's still a few issues we need to look at.

If you try to repeat the operation it should work.

I will look into this and fill a bug report.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Hi MEB

thanks for the reply. here is a series of screen shots to explain. first one is the postcard i am building, second is the bird to be added, third is the result of dragging the bird (background) onto the postcard. it has replicated the beech layer. still think i am doing something not quite right

copy and paste works!

cheers.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-24%20at%2020.36.Screen%20Shot%202016-08-24%20at%2020.38.Screen%20Shot%202016-08-24%20at%2020.38.

• 1 year later...

I have opened a psd file business card template and opened and saved it as an Affinity file type. Then I've opened my logo in another tab.. I was hoping to drag my layers of the logo out of the layers palette and onto the tab of the template file.. This doesn't work.. Then I found this forum and copied and pasted my two layers into the new document.. They appear to be locked to the back ground, even though they are on layer 2 and 3.. I cannot drag my logo around, nor can I select it to resize it.. What's up? Any ideas?

DUH.. NEVERMIND Noobie error.. I had the hand tool selected.. ;-)