You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Payment did go through but I haven't received anything

Hello all,

Apologies for this error you're experiencing. When this happens, the vast majority of the time it's as a result of additional security checks your bank makes on your behalf. If this fails, there is a specific reason for it, but Serif are not aware of this reason.

It might be worth checking with you bank/credit card company just to be sure the transactions are authorised. If you have another credit/debit card, you could try using this. Alternatively, if you'd like help placing this order directly, please contact the guys at affinity@serif.com, and they'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks for your time,

Adam

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Apologies for this error you're experiencing. When this happens, the vast majority of the time it's as a result of additional security checks your bank makes on your behalf. If this fails, there is a specific reason for it, but Serif are not aware of this reason.

It might be worth checking with you bank/credit card company just to be sure the transactions are authorised. If you have another credit/debit card, you could try using this. Alternatively, if you'd like help placing this order directly, please contact the guys at affinity@serif.com, and they'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

That might be the reason, however that must be an error on your part (or your payment handler). As I cannot 2FA due to it being mandatory in my country since September 14th 2019. I've never encountered a problem with it until now on your site. If you could check in with your card payment processing company (Braintree), that would be great as this effectively makes it impossible for me (and possibly many other) to purchase anything from your store through credit/debit cards.

I have spoken to sales support via e-mail several times; the last response I received included this:

"I have spoken with our accounts team, who checked our system whilst I was with them. There are no payments showing for yourself.

At this point I can only suggest that if your bank are adamant that the payment completed, then they will be able to arrange a "charge back" for you, where they will take the funds back from us.
The issue is a result of the two-step authentication that pops-up to confirm payment, this pop up comes directly from the card issuing bank not ourselves, and not something that we have any control over. "

I say the same thing; it is impossible that it is an authentication problem of any kind because I have made many purchases; for much larger values; even recurring payments with my card and I have never had any problems,  in fact a few hours ago I made a purchase in Spain and I had no problems.

The bank tells me that the transaction was successful; it is not shown as "pending", they also confirm that the card has no restrictions or blockages of any kind.

I insist that the problem is not ours; it is a problem of either the payment provider or the company's platform.

As a Mac user I always use Apple Store, if possible to avoid problems with payment. Using Windows, if available to do so, Microsoft.  Very interested to see if your bank reversed charge.

40 minutes ago, jorge77401 said:

I have spoken to sales support via e-mail several times; the last response I received included this:

"I have spoken with our accounts team, who checked our system whilst I was with them. There are no payments showing for yourself.

At this point I can only suggest that if your bank are adamant that the payment completed, then they will be able to arrange a "charge back" for you, where they will take the funds back from us.

The issue is a result of the two-step authentication that pops-up to confirm payment, this pop up comes directly from the card issuing bank not ourselves, and not something that we have any control over. "

I say the same thing; it is impossible that it is an authentication problem of any kind because I have made many purchases; for much larger values; even recurring payments with my card and I have never had any problems,  in fact a few hours ago I made a purchase in Spain and I had no problems.

The bank tells me that the transaction was successful; it is not shown as "pending", they also confirm that the card has no restrictions or blockages of any kind.

I insist that the problem is not ours; it is a problem of either the payment provider or the company's platform.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

Hello all,

It looks like a potential resolution could be to ensure your web browser is up-to-date. We've found that the latest builds for web browsers do help in some circumstances regarding 2FA and so ensuring it's updated may help in your case.

Thanks,

Adam

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...