You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

change size book incl. pics?

Hi, thanks, it´s done: 1. a new Afpub file 250 pages 21x21 cm, 2. the command: platzieren and choose the bigger PDF (540 MB), 3. the first page could be set, 4. the new one  in old dimensions could moved smaller to the new page, 5. the hole page included the pic and text changed. But not more. I deleted and reloaded the new afpub – the same: only p 1. I did the same on p. 3 but then the p. 1of the old pdf was set on this p. 3 again... The new afpub is 900 MB now.

Is there a mistake in my doing? lars 

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

35 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Export the document as PDF, create a new Publisher document with the needed dimensions 21 x 21 cm) and place the „old“ document.

That will require, though, that the PDF be placed multiple times, once per page.

I would try File > Spread Setup, specify to apply to all pages (or spreads), specify the new size. On the Scaling tab specify that objects will scale. On the Margins tab specify the new margins.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi, I did not understand that enough. But for my pics now (nearly) all have frames in the masterpage I can change this and the pics follow after changing margins and frames. Some must change by hand and the text too. It is a way. Some frames as footlines and pages nr. are outside the new 21x21 cm. I can´t handle them. OK, can do it again and delete them in the master and make them new in the small one. Thx to both, lars

New problem. The book 30x30 has 540 MB (250 p. 1 pic every); the small one has 760 MB. Is there a way to make the pics smaller and include them in the afpub with auto?

I changed all pics from the 1. edition now down to 320 dpi. But it makes PDF very very slow in 300 dpi and takes 660 MB now. The greater book runs up to 540 MB PDF as before in a short time. Any Idea? I need it less then 500 MB. Thx.

Even easier and faster.

1. Open the PDF into Acrobat.
  2. Print into PDF with the desired format.

No need of Publisher in this case.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

As Walt already told, reduce the size of the pages / Master pages and do not forget to use Rescale

or

If you have a PDF printer driver installed like Adobe PDF print to this printer scaling with 70%.

Normally the PDF has to get smaller, unless you have not Downsample images checked and target dpi defined in your export setting.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

STOP - Thanks for help. This case is finished, I made a new file for rescale didn´t work – my mistake. I will test it again next time.