You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Publisher feature PagePlus-like scheme colors?

Hi,

Is it possible in Publisher apply a scheme color to text?

I mean changing a scheme color all text in a document having that particular scheme color will get the new color at once.

Some related topics from a year ago seem to suggest Publisher doesn't feature but Publisher has been updated since then and the finalisation of the 'trinity' concept did come with addition of quite a few features :-P

I'm not familiar with PP, but Publisher (and the other two members of the Trinity) let you create Global colours which work in the way you describe:  modifying the Global colour in the Swatches panel will update text, fills, strokes which have been previously given that colour.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

35 minutes ago, Roberto1972 said:

Hi,

Is it possible in Publisher apply a scheme color to text?

I mean changing a scheme color all text in a document having that particular scheme color will get the new color at once.

Some related topics from a year ago seem to suggest Publisher doesn't feature but Publisher has been updated since then and the finalisation of the 'trinity' concept did come with addition of quite a few features :-P

No.

Yes! Thanks!

It took a bit figuring out and testing but that's exactly what I was looking for: changing the global color indeed changes the color of all text set to that global color.

I noticed the color was added to pallette 'Document'; haven't checked it out yet but I'm wondering if I can use the global color in other documents, too.

Initially started to check out the 'Find and Replace' tool: I wouldn't be surprised if Affinity would offer exotic 'find arguments' and indeed: a whole list of options including color.
However, changing color worked once while at next attempts the 'Found results' panel stayed empty.
Oh well, global colors works like a charm :-P

Hi MikeW,

I suppose with 'No' you mean exact behavior like PagePlus scheme colors? I mean a whole pallette of colors replacing an other.

Using global colors seems to come darn close to it. Not sure yet if set global colors can be reused in other documents, though.
Anyway, for my current issue the global colors feature does do the trick: all text having color 1 can be changed instantly just by modifying color 1 itself.

I'm quite new to Publisher, but probably cannot give an adequate answer. However in a lesson I have just finished I've been able to change global text using the Colour picker, selecting the desired colour text, using the 'Text Style' Selecting Body 2, edit to make the change. Perhaps someone with greater knowledge can give a better breakdown. 

I've only been using the programme since purchase of the tutorial. Not even a novice

Oh, then you already can do more than the average text editor user :-)

Last week my boss showed proudly a flyer he made in Word: body text with a filled rectangle along the side with some larger artistic text.
He said it took him a while to get that filled rectangle :-P

But ok, usually his wife is the Word user; he just sticks to copying invoices with changing some names and numbers.
He talks highly of Windows Paint though ... that says enough I suppose. I never got him to trying other software.

1 hour ago, Roberto1972 said:

Hi MikeW,

I suppose with 'No' you mean exact behavior like PagePlus scheme colors? I mean a whole pallette of colors replacing an other.

Using global colors seems to come darn close to it. Not sure yet if set global colors can be reused in other documents, though.
Anyway, for my current issue the global colors feature does do the trick: all text having color 1 can be changed instantly just by modifying color 1 itself.

Yes, global will allow items colored with them to update when the color changes. But it isn't the same as PP's themes. That is what I was answering, not whether there is an work around type of alternative.